In 2002, NADA Chairman H. Carter Myers III oversaw the revising and strengthening of NADA's Code of Ethics. The revised code was printed in poster size for prominent display and distributed to all NADA members, to remind dealers, their employees and customers of the dealership's commitment to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Here is the NADA Code of Ethics.
NADA's Code of Ethics is designed to reinforce dealers' personal commitment to quality service and high ethical standards.
As a member of NADA, member dealers subscribe to the following principles and standards. Implicit in this Code is the requirement that NADA members comply fully with all federal, state, and local laws governing their businesses.
We pledge to:
- Operate this business in accord with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Treat each customer in a fair, open, and honest manner, and fully comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination.
- Meet the transportation needs of our customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Represent our products clearly and factually, standing fully behind our warranties, direct and implied, and in all other ways justifying the customer's respect and confidence.
- Advertise our products in a positive, factual, and informative manner.
- Detail charges to assist our customers in understanding repair work and provide written estimates of any service work to be performed, upon request, or as required by law.
- Resolve customer concerns promptly and courteously.
- Put our promises in writing and stand behind them.